This girl!

This girl!

Saturday, August 10, 2013

10 things of thankful

I didn't get to do my list last week not because I didn't have anything to be thankful for, but because I have been doing a lot of much needed organizing around the house. I am still busy but I did't want to skip another week, it's really amazing what coming up with good things in your life to be thankful for does for you, it does really make look at your life in a different way.

So here is my list for this week:


Ten Things of Thankful

  1. Old fashion agricultural fairs: we went to The Bolton Fair this weekend and Sophia was just the happiest kid, she loves looking at the rides, not so much going on them, but she goes crazy just watching them go. She also loved the animals, the pony ride and she went on the fire truck and that was the best thing ever for her:

2.  Cuddling with Sophia: I love cuddling with her, but I actually love more the fact that she wants to cuddle        with me. She crawl over and asks me to pick her up and the she puts her head on my chest and is very          content. Seeing her smiling cause she is with her mama is priceless.
3.  Kettle corn: I LOVE kettle corn. I have no self control when it comes to kettle corn, you can't give me a        bag and expect me to share or have left-overs.
4.  Colombian food: I have re-discovered typical foods from my country. I have a list of all the recipes I              want to try. What I've tried so far has come out pretty good:
Shredded meat 
5.  Sophia's ENT doctor:  We want to do a hearing test for Sophia but it needs to be done under anesthesia.      We didn't want to put Sophia under anesthesia only for a test, but because she is having a surgery coming      up and she is going to be asleep anyway I talked to Sophia's ENT  to see if they could do the test the            same day. They don't do tests on this particular day but our doctor did everything to make it happen.
6:   It's easy and cheap to entertain my daughter:  This week Eric and I decided to go to the pet store to show Sophia the fish, she had a great time, she liked the fish, the birds, and the bunnies, but her favorite were the mice! Eek!

7:  Pintrest:  I said before and I'm saying it again, I've got so many different ideas from this site like some of          the Colombian recipes, organizing tips and DIY projects, which some of them I actually do and not just pin.      Like this: labeled containers for the kitchen:

8:   Sophia's seizure medicine:  She has had 2 really scary seizures and they happened right before she        was diagnosed with epilepsy and ever since the medicine the doctor prescribed has, for the most part,          controlled the condition. She still has some episodes a few times a month, which is why we have gone          up in the dosage, but I really think that if it wasn't for this medication Sophia would be having seizures            every day.
9:  My treadmill:  Because of the kettle corn and the Colombian recipes it's really hard to keep in shape,              having a treadmill at home makes it easier to try to stay fit.
10: The beach is only an hour driving from our house. Sophia loves, LOVES going to the beach, she likes          sitting by the shore and seeing the waves come and go, she anticipates them and get really excited. It's really fortunate we live close to the coast:


14 comments:

  1. Thank you for your encouraging post Natalia! So often we get caught up in the downers of our days (I'm in a tough place now) and it's so refreshing to read what others are thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome!I find that making the list when I am in a tough place is what gets me thorough. I hope you are coming out of that tough place now Stephanie.

      Delete
  2. I'm so pleased you're back, and that it was a break because of busy-ness rather than non-thankfuls.

    I LOVE that Sophia enjoyed the agricultural machines and the fire-truck. She is a girl after my own heart - those would've been my favourites too.

    HER FACE! Look at that massive grin at the mice. TOTALLY adorable (you gotta get her a pet now, right? ;) )

    The recipes sound like an exciting new venture, so good for you. And I love that you get to be close to the beach and enjoy it so much. The beach is one of the places I'm happiest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No mice in the house, I adore Sophia but I like my sanity too =)

      Delete
  3. mice! (well, maybe it will help to think about them as little short-haired grey hounds... with tiny legs...not working? lol)

    I hear they make tiny little gps units you could attach to their little collars ("Spot" and "Not-Spot") you will always know where they are...or aren't!

    The beach... sitting in the sand. I enjoyed seeing your picture of Sophia at the beach and it reminds me... go to the beach stop for a minute. (so easy to let time slip away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not working! You can tell me that they would never ever come out of the cage and still I won't have them in the house! =)
      She loves the beach, I could sit there looking at her having fun for hours.

      Delete
  4. Missed you last week, Natalia!

    Lots of fun activities with Sophia - the fair, the beach, the pet store! Great, inexpensive fun!

    That shredded meat looks soooo good! What do you eat it with?

    And a big YAY to your ENT for agreeing to work with the other schedules and do the hearing test at the same time she is under for her other surgery. Good job of getting that accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you guys too! I didn't even had the time to read your lists and I feel horrible!

      You can eat it with white rice and it taste soooo good. I can give you the recipe if you want.

      Thank you, I am so glad it all worked out, we'll see what the result are.

      Delete
    2. Email me the recipe! I'd love to have it!

      Delete
  5. Sophia is adorable!!! I love Pinterest:) I also love KC.I agree, I have no control when I eat that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I had to throw away the KC bag, it was getting out of control!!

      Delete
  6. Such wonderful times with little Sophia. Clearly, she is having a ball. Good job getting out and finding fun, cheap things to do.
    What a blessing that doctor is!
    That Columbian food looks delicious. Unlike kettle corn. Kettle corn is a staple at soccer tournaments. My family loves it, but I can't stand the stuff.
    Nice job with the organizing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like kettle corn, either. Give me buttery, salty popcorn or give me caramel corn, but don't give me a watered down version of the two of them together.

      Delete
    2. She is having the life! I need more ideas of things to do with her, we still have 3 more weeks before the surgery and school, just the two of us everyday, the whole day!!

      Lol! Dyane, watered down version of the buttery or caramel popcorn is a spot on description, but I still like it, I bought a medium bag, which is huge, and I had to through it away today cause I couldn't stop eating, my mouth hurts a little =)

      Delete